We have decades of experience managing money. We will invest yours carefully, cautiously and prudently.
We take no more risk than you can tolerate and we strive to ensure you’re compensated for the risk you take.
According to Morningstar, the fees mutual funds charge (called “Management Expense Ratios” or “MERs”) are “the most important predictor of future fund returns.” We agree.
We predominantly use low management fee, tax-efficient mutual funds from Dimensional Fund Advisors (DFA) Canada and broad market exchange-traded funds (ETFs) from Vanguard and iShares. We do not accept “trailer fees” from mutual funds. We always use the lower fee (F-class) mutual funds, which don’t pay these fees.
We adhere to an “evidence-based” investment approach. That means we focus on what we can control:
- Keeping fees and costs low.
- Deferring or eliminating taxes.
- Globally diversifying your portfolio.
- Tilting your portfolio towards factors that correlate with higher expected returns over the long term.
- An appropriate asset allocation (the division of your portfolio between stocks, bonds, and cash), based on your ability, willingness, and need to take risk.
We are among a select group of advisors in Canada authorized to invest our clients’ funds in mutual funds managed by Dimensional Fund Advisors. Since 1981, Dimensional has been applying academic research to practical investing. It offers a full range of equity and fixed income strategies designed to target higher expected returns.
As of September 30, 2019, Dimensional
managed $766 billion CAD in assets.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT DIMENSIONAL’S INVESTMENT PHILOSOPHY, PLEASE SEE THIS BROCHURE AND VIEW THESE BRIEF VIDEOS.